Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wrapping up Kindergarten!

Well, my baby, my first born, is officially a 1st grader!! He has grown and learned so much this year.  I just cannot believe how fast this year sped by! 

The last few days of Kindergarten was probably the most action packed of the year - a field trip to Sea World, a grade level wide singing performance, a full day of fun in the park with parents, siblings, and all the kinders, and finally a small, but sweet promotion ceremony with the 24 other kids that have been his classmates throughout the year.

Logan on his first day! Wow, he's grown so much!!


Last week I was able to chaperone Logan's field trip to Sea World.  I was assigned Logan and three of his classmates and we were allowed to go anywhere and do anything we wanted, and it was great! We did the Polar Bear helicopter ride, a first for all the kids, the new Turtle Reef exhibit, the sharks, dolphins, and finished off by walking by and saying hi to Shamu! I had the most awesome day with Logan and his friends and I truly feel blessed I was able to have this experience with my son.

I took this at the new Turtle Reef exhibit, I love seeing him explore the world and  all of God's creations!

The last full week of school was wrapped up with the Kindergarten Summer Performance, a Hage Elementary tradition.  The entire Kindergarten class sang 4 songs to us and it was so great! I have video, expect a blog on that as soon as I figure out how to get it from my video camera to the computer!

He is such a BIG kid now!

Nothing says summer like a Hawaiian shirt, baseball cap, and sunglasses!
(He's doing the hand movements that went with the song)

What a cool dude!
(The kid on the left is Logan's BFF, Kevin - they are gonna be Power Rangers when they grow up!)

They sang a song to the Addams Family Theme called "The Kindergarten Class" - so cute!!

The last full day of school the whole grade level took off and spent the entire day in the park! They invited all the parents and siblings and had a pot luck, game filled, awesome fun day! Sadly I didn't get any pictures at the park, but when we walked back the kids all went in and began working on an assignment, Logan and his friend Elijah were sharing a desk because Elijah gave up his desk for Peyton! She totally just jumped in and participated and even did the assignment! The teachers love her and welcomed her in just like every other student!


Which brings me to the last day of Kindergarten...The teachers once again opened their classroom to the families to watch the little promotion ceremony they planned.  They even made the cutest little graduation caps out of black plastic cereal bowls, construction paper, and a piece of yarn for the tassel! TOO CUTE!

Logan's teachers job shared, one was there Monday through Wednesday and the other finished up Thursday and Friday. They were both great and were truly awesome in smoothing the bumps we found in the road! They will be missed!


 Man, I thought getting three kids to look at a camera was hard...24 is IM-possible! They are all so cute in their little graduation caps!


 And since they were good and took a good picture, we had to do silly!!  

Logan's silly, I enjoy the others as well!!
It's official! He's a big kid! Gosh it just seems like yesterday we were bringing him home, or that he was starting preschool, or kindergarten! And to top off the celebration of graduating from Kindergarten today, he got his first LOOSE TOOTH! 

1 comment:

  1. Loved all the pictures! Cant believe 1st grade is right around the corner! Wow!

    ReplyDelete