Sunday, May 29, 2011

Annabelle's Baptism

When Sean deployed back in 2009 I started going to church regularly and was very lucky to finally, after many years finding a church home for the first time since my grandparents church when I was in middle school. Tierrasanta Lutheran Church is that home. When I got pregnant with Belle I was very excited to have a church, MY church to baptize her in.




Pastor Bohdan is one of my favorite ministers I have ever met. Probably because he's around our age and he can easily relate to younger couples. I'm not sure how many times he said he was happy to share this day with us, and I can't express how happy I was to have him baptize our baby.





We have been stationed on the west coast for almost 4 years now and life away from our family has been hard but the unique thing about the military life is that over time you develop a "military family". My mom flew out from Atlanta for the baptism but the rest of our guests in church were our military family. Each and everyone of them mean more to Sean and me that we could ever express.





Belle's godparents, Bill & Ko Sumption have been a large part of our lives for the past 2 years. Bill & Sean deployed together and Ko loves our kids as much as we do. I can't put into words the special role they have played in our lives and are very honored that they agreed to be Belle's godparents. Their faith inspires us. God truly blessed us by putting them in our lives.






Welcome to your life in Christ Annabelle. We all love you more than you will ever know!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day it was!!! We love you sweet little family so very much!

    ReplyDelete